The Indian Health Stats
Obesity is an ignored epidemic of India and even rest of the world. It is a root cause of multiple diseases which become life threating in the long run.
- More than 135 million individuals are affected by Obesity
- Studies have shown, the prevalence of Obesity among women is significantly higher as compared to men
- India is the third most obese nation in the world
- Obesity among Indian kids is rising
- 77 Million people in India are Diabetic, aged between 20-79
- Indians are 6 times more prone to heart diseases
- Over 50 disorders are linked to Obesity e.g. Cardiovascular Diseases, Diabetes, Osteoporosis, Infertility, Thyroid, Cancer etc.
What is Obesity?
A disorder involving excessive body fat that increases the risk of health problems. Obesity often results from taking in more calories than are burned by exercise & normal daily activities.
When a person’s body mass index is 25 or greater, person becomes Obese. The excessive body fat increases the risk of serious health.
What leads to Obesity?
- Wrong eating habits – e.g. skipping breakfast
- Malnutrition – Over-eating & Incomplete Meals
- Negative Mindset towards health – Living to Eat instead of Eating to Live
- Decrease in consumption of dietary fiber
- Consumption of too much of simple carbs, Processed food & Fried foods
- Consuming more calories than you can burn
- No exercise, sedentary lifestyle, sitting is the new smoking
How to reduce Obesity?
- Increase consumption of Dietary Fiber, Protein, Good Fats(Omega 3) & Complex Carbs(Whole Grains, Vegetables etc.)
- Stop consumption of Fried, Refined and Processed food
- Eat more Vegetables & Fruits
- Remove White flour (Maida) White refined sugar from food items
- Burn more calories than you consume result will be weight loss.
- Heavy Breakfast, Medium Lunch, Small Evening snacks & Very light dinner early in the evening
- Drink enough water during the day, especially a glass before meals
- Good sleep usually between 6-8 hours for adults
- Aerobics, Lifting Weights & Yoga on regular basis
The above are general tips for not just loosing weight but also for general healthy lifestyle. Weight Loss or Gain both require professional help for most individuals. Self medication is wrong & doing dangerous things to loose weight are harmful.
Get in touch with me for safe and natural way to loose or gain weight.