In the previous post, we looked at Immunity Boosters. In this post we will see what are the signs that you have low Immunity & tips on how to get better Immunity?
Following are general signs that you have low immunity but it is always good to consult your doctor if the following signs persist for a long time.
Signs of Low Immunity
- Bouts of Cold & Cough regularly
- If you suffer from cold & cough more than 2 to 3 times a year then you are low on immunity.
- Frequent Infections
- Frequent treatment of Malaria or Typhoid Fever, Urinary Tract infections suggests struggling immunity.
- Feeling feverish
- Regular High body temperature suggests the onset of infection or presence of Autoimmune diseases.
- Pain in Muscle & Joints, even if you are not old enough
- A lot of inflammatory chemicals in the body result in swelling, pain & aches to joints suggesting a weakened immune system.
- Would healing takes time
- Minor scrapes should heal in 3-8 days anything taking beyond this might suggest immunity is impacted.
- Frequent Stomach Pain & Diarrhoea
- Gut bacteria are responsible for immunity and once weakened you will suffer stomach pain, constipation & diarrhea frequently.
- The feeling of Burnt out
- Stress hormone Cortisol will reduce immune response and more stress less immunity putting you in an endless cycle of burnout feeling.
- Skin related diseases like Eczema
- When Lipids within the skin don’t work properly skin dries n many unwanted bacteria cause skin-related diseases due to low immunity.
How to keep Immunity in an optimal state?
- Pre & Pro-biotics or Fermented food
- Pre-biotics like onions, garlic help growth of gut bacteria
- Pro-biotics are live bacteria that help increase good bacteria in the Gut.
- Gut bacteria helps immune cells to identify friendly or enemy organisms in the body.
- Increase Plant-based food
- Fruits, veggies, nuts, legumes are rich in anti-oxidants that boost the immune response to the external pathogens.
- Get enough Sleep
- Less Sleep can result in reduced immune response and will keep you fatigued for most of the time.
- Consume Healthy Fats
- Foods like Chia seeds, Salmon & various Oils provide you with good fats that reduce inflammation due to which immunity stays in optimal state.
- Reduce Stress
- Stress results in inflammation due to which immune response is hampered, exercise, yoga, meditation etc. should be done to reduce stress.
- Stay away from refined sugar
- Refined sugar consumption leads to obesity that directly hurts your bodies immune response and introduces various other lifestyle diseases like Diabetes, Hypertension etc.
- Exercise daily
- Engage in moderate exercise like aerobics, yoga, walking, jogging etc.
- This improves bodies nutrient absorption capacity thereby improving your immune response.
- Include supplements
- Nutritional supplements which provide you Macro (Protein/Complex Carbs) as-well as Micro nutrients (Vitamins/Minerals) and food items like garlic, spinach, broccoli can help you boost your immunity.
For a healthy Immune system always have a balanced diet, exercise regularly, stay stress free and follow this blog!!!