The Liver plays an important role in the digestive process. Protein, Complex Carbs, Fats are digested by the liver in your gut. It also creates Cholesterol, bile, proteins for blood plasma, enzymes, & co-enzymes.
The liver handles Over 500 vital functions few of those are as follows:
- Storage of glucose, Iron & Vitamin B12.
- Removing Toxins from the blood.
- Bile helps to remove waste from the body & breaks down fats during the digestion process.
- Controls blood clotting.
- Infection resistance and getting rid of bacteria from the blood.
What damages the human liver?
- Insufficient food or having food with low-value nutrition.
- High alcohol consumption, carbonated/soft drink, illicit drugs & Smoking.
- Consuming fatty, too much of spicy & fried foods.
- Viral/Bacteria infection.
- Refined & polished food.
- Having a diet devoid of fruits, leafy vegetables & sprouted beans.
- Not having fixed eating time.
- Unprotected sex/unverified blood transfusion raises the risk of Hepatitis C or B infection to Liver.
Which foods keep the human liver healthy?
- Consumption of Fruits like Grapes (Red, Purple), Blueberries, Cranberries, Pear, Beetroot juice.
- Diet should consist of Cruciferous Vegetables (Broccoli, Brussels sprouts, mustard green), various Nuts.
- Fishes that contain a good amount of Omega 3 fatty acids should be part of our diet regularly.